The first-ever ‘HUM Women Leaders Award’ took place in Karachi at the Governor House on Wednesday. The awards aimed to honor and celebrate iconic women from across the country for their contributions in their respective fields.
This is the first-ever award which honored Pakistani women for their significant contributions to the Pakistani society.
HUM network President Sultana Siddiqui shared the idea behind the awards. “The reason for this event is to recognize contributions made by women in society. To celebrate their stories, share the lessons they learned after crossing each milestone. And, most importantly, inspire the younger generation to go beyond these milestones,” she said.
President Dr. Arif Alvi also graced the event and emphasized on importance of women in society. He also encouraged women to work and empower themselves to be financially independent.
The show was hosted by Sanam Saeed and Mira Sethi. The prominent personalities who graced the event were Mahira Khan, Hania Amir, Hadiqa Kiani, Shaista Lodhi, Sania Saeed among many others.
Winners of HUM Women Leaders Awards
- Mountaineer Samina Baig.
- Jalila Haider, attorney belonging to the Hazara community.
- Khadija Siddiqui, a survivor of 23 stabbing attacks.
- Fouzia Saeed, social activist.
- Versatile actor Bushra Ansari
- Dr. Seemin Jamali, Executive director of JMPC.
- Zubeida Mustafa, Senior newspaper columnist.
- Shamshad Akhtar, economist.
- Maleeha Lodhi, Pakistan’s former ambassador to the UN.
While HUM celebrated the living legends of Pakistan, they didn’t forget those who left us in the past. The organizers also remembered personalities from Mohtarma Fatima Jinnah to Benazir Bhutto, from Fatima Surayya Bajia to Bano Qudsia and many more.